Oliver Bailey, or the 'Texture King', is a professional barber with a passion for textured haircuts. With over 8 years of experience, Oliver has mastered the art of creating haircuts that add volume and texture to any hair type. He's also an expert in recommending hair care products that enhance hair texture.
Hey there! Figuring out the best hairstyle for your face shape can be a game-changer when it comes to looking your best. Luckily, I'm here to help you navigate through the world of men's haircuts and find the perfect style that complements your unique face shape.
Determining your face shape is the first step in this process. There are generally six face shapes: oval, round, square, rectangular, diamond, and heart-shaped. Let's break them down and explore the best hairstyles for each:
1. Oval Face Shape: Lucky you! Oval faces are considered the most versatile, as they can pull off almost any haircut. Whether you prefer short or long hair, you can experiment with various styles. Consider a classic side part, a textured crop, or a trendy undercut. These styles will enhance your natural symmetry and balance.
2. Round Face Shape: If you have a round face, you'll want to create the illusion of length and angles. Opt for haircuts that add height and volume on top while keeping the sides shorter. A textured quiff or a pompadour with a fade on the sides can work wonders for you. Avoid styles that make your face appear rounder, like a buzz cut or a full fringe.
3. Square Face Shape: With a strong jawline and equal width and length, square faces benefit from softer haircuts that add some roundness. Consider a medium-length textured crop or a side-swept fringe. These styles will help soften your features and create a more balanced look. Avoid sharp, angular cuts that accentuate your squareness.
4. Rectangular Face Shape: If your face is longer than it is wide, you have a rectangular face shape. The goal here is to add width and volume to the sides while keeping the top slightly longer. A classic taper fade with a textured top or a messy side part can work wonders for you. Avoid styles that make your face appear even longer, like slicked-back hair or a buzz cut.
5. Diamond Face Shape: Diamond faces have a narrow forehead and chin, with wide cheekbones. The key here is to balance out the proportions. Consider a textured fringe or a messy quiff with some volume on top. These styles will help soften your cheekbones and create a more harmonious look. Avoid hairstyles that add too much height on top, as they can make your face appear longer.
6. Heart-Shaped Face: If you have a wider forehead and a narrower chin, you have a heart-shaped face. The goal here is to create balance by adding volume to the lower part of your face. Consider a textured crop or a medium-length side-swept fringe. These styles will help draw attention away from your forehead and create a more proportional look. Avoid styles that add too much volume on top, as they can make your forehead appear even wider.
Remember, these are just general guidelines, and it's essential to work with a skilled barber who can tailor the haircut to your specific features and hair type. They can help you find the perfect style that suits your face shape and enhances your natural features.
I hope this guide helps you determine the best hairstyle for your face shape! Remember to experiment, have fun, and embrace your unique style. If you have any more questions or need further guidance, feel free to reach out. Happy styling!